Monday, October 06, 2008

Moonstruck

This evening's been unusually good.
Woke up after being dulled into sleep by a thought nagging and clawing w/ invisible icy fingers.

But I woke up happy.
And surprised at it.

Felt a bit like finding money in one of the trouser pockets while sorting the laundry.
An unexpected gift.

Must be the rains.
Yes.
Must be.

The sound of raindrops going pitter-patter drumming on the tiny, and sadly plastic, awning.
The raindrops dangling by the washing line.
Making it look like one monstrous necklace.

You remember trying to look
Together
Through those dangling droplets?
A warped, watery world.
Cool
Against your hot breath.
Your happy laughter.
Trying to coax
Your world
And mine
To coalesce into one.
Trying to fuse worlds
With index fingers.
No wonder
Unsuccessfully.

But I'm happy today.
Just heard a train hurtle away
With what seemed like a happy
Hurried whistle.

Ya I like trains.
They're long.
Loud.
And always in a hurry.
Always purposeful.
And always inviting.
Almost saying, Hop-On-We'll-Go-Places.
Whistling.

It's a beautiful evening.
Was unable to decide if I should throw in that tape n listen to 'Aahat Si Koi Aaye Toh Lagta Hai Ki Tum Ho'.
For the millionth time.
Or if I should just keep staring out the window.
Watching the rain
Drop.

But apparently the Karnataka Electricity Board doesnt like ghazals.
Atleast not this evening.
This so very beautiful evening.

I want to ramble about those swaying dancing trees just across my window.
But I wont.
They're swaying too happily.
And that too to an invisible beat.
They're happy.
Happier than me.
In their nice little row.
Swaying almost arm in arm.

I wish we were those trees.
You and me.
Always rooted.
Always together.
I envy them.
Their constant company of each other.

It's almost dark.
There's no stars.
And no moon.
You had said the moon is mine
But that you'll keep the stars
The many yours
Against a solitary mine.

No, wait.
There he is
Beautifully cresent.
In the company of a few of your stars.
Ya I'm happy this evening.
And missing you.

In the company of your stars.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

This post is the most beautiful of all your posts.

It is amazing how you find beauty in the most painful of feelings.

As a friend, I wish you the same joys that you once experienced in life...the same love...just keep the door of your heart open.


-N

moonstruckmoth said...

Thanks Noopur for the praise.

I'm not sure if my post is beautiful...but that evening definitely was :)

As for the door of my heart...I've come to prefer to leave it closed...it's warmer n cosier that way :)

? said...

hello again, wanted you to know my new blog is now on and I would like to feature you on...nothing like you've ever seen on blogger, I hope...or what do you think?

eyememyself said...

One word - Whoa!

moonstruckmoth said...

eyesmemyself, if I cld see ur eyes, maybe I'd've been able to fathom that 'Whoa' -- n that exclamation mark!
But thanks anyways, for dropping in.

And thanks for drawing me back to my blog.
And for making me feel guilty.

I had almost forgotten I had one ;-)

eyememyself said...

The pleasure is mine I suppose. Would love read more of these:)